Hubbie has a recreational hockey game today…in 6 hours! Why can’t it be simple?
- Go to hockey game.
- Support hubbie’s team!
- Watch hockey game.
- Hang out with the other wives and kids.
- Cheer, clap, laugh, smile, and have fun.
- Meet at the pub after the game.
- Go home.
But then my Social ANXIETY brain gets in the way with a million thoughts.
- Who will be in the stands?
- Will anyone talk to me? Do I want anyone to talk to me?
- If someone talks to me, will they like me?
- What should I wear? Will my clothes be okay?
- What if the benches in the stands cause me pain?
- What if my son has a meltdown?
- What will happen after the game? Will everyone want to go to the bar? Will I have anything to say?
- Will everyone be relaxing, laughing and having a good time?
- Will I have to pretend to relax and paste a smile on my face? Will my insides be jumping all over the place – like a million anxious butterflies?
I am on a 6 hour countdown to the game. Going to do a “thought record” and some breathing exercises.
How will today go? I will let you know.
If you liked this blog, you may also want to check out:Follow @Anxious_Bfly